Archive for August, 2011
Grab a glass of chardonnay and pull up a chair, because this is your crash course in choosing an act for your event that’s guaranteed to knock your Jimmy Choos off! While the whole process may seem intimidating, never fear – it’s just a matter of answering a few simple questions.
Step 1: Have a Look at the Gallery of Aerial Acts
Hurdle number one is usually figuring out what the heck everything actually is; lyra sounds like Italian currency, corde lisse is the name your flaky niece gave her new baby, and a slammock is probably some new dance those crazy kids are doing in the clubs, right? Well, not quite.
Have a look at the gallery of aerial acts to get a visual on each apparatus. Consider:
- Do you want atmospheric performance or a big “WOW” factor?
- What apparatus catches your eye?
- Do you have a theme for your event?
If you’re still not sure what you’re looking at, no worries! Give us a ring and we’ll help you get some clarity about what might work well.
Step 2: Let’s Narrow it Down!
Next, we’ll ask you a series of simple questions about your space, the event itself, and the overall effect you’d like to create. Some things to consider:
- Is it possible to dangle bedazzled ninjas from the ceiling of your event space, or will we need free-standing rig structures? If you’re not sure, we’d be delighted to chat with your venue to determine the rigging situation.
- What kind of budget do you have allotted to entertainment? (millions millions millions please let it be millions!… wait, did I say that out loud?!)
This is where we can get a little wild and crazy – let’s brainstorm some ideas!
Step 3: Time to Get Specific
We’ve chatted, and you’ve had some time to think about it, consider your budget, and coordinate with your Crazy Event Planner cousin Larry. Time to get specific! We’ll agree on what we’re providing, what you’re paying, and how it will be performed.
And that’s it! You provide the vision, we bring the fabulous (and the doughnuts very healthy green juice). Remember – give us a ring, we take care of everything! Well, everything cirque, anyway. Happy planning!
If you think our content is snazzy, share it on Facebook, Twitter, and wherever else you crazy kids share things nowadays. You can also check out Laura’s blog at www.LauraWitwer.com for more about the aerial scene, classes, and more.